Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Here we go...

L asks me from time to time whether my glass is half full or half empty. My glass fell of the table a long time ago and quite honestly most of the times I can't be bothered to pick it up again.
I have opinions just like anybody else and I don't claim they matter more than yours; they're mine that's all... Take it or leave it. True, I'm not known for being the greatest communicator and you can hardly accuse me of being an easygoing diplomat, but at least I try to live by my ideas instead of just sitting around while spitting my venom at the world.
My job provides me with a company car. Woohoo free car! Yeah right, there is no such a thing as a free lunch, and there is definitely no free car...
Every day I would take the car to drive LL and V to school, and then drive another 15 km to work. This sounds all fine and dandy but one should know that yours truly, hates driving a car. It feels like I enter a war zone whenever I have to drive my car into work. Morning traffic is a bloody nightmare, let me rephrase that; traffic is an f****** zombie slug race. Every zombie is cueing his/her car into the city and doesn’t give a rats’ about what goes on outside the car. They’re late for work and traffic is just not moving.

So I came up with this genius solution; let’s just leave earlier. I avoid heavy traffic and most important I arrive at work without any stress over all the other stupid drivers who just make traffic impossible for ME.

Ok, LL and V get dropped of a little earlier in school and we need to get up earlier in the morning but it’s worth it, because… I… have… a… free car, woohoo! The problem is that all the other geniuses out there had the exact same idea. Result; I got up even earlier so I could stress even more so I could start cueing even earlier into work…

To cut a long story short, one month ago, I decided to give up on the car and to cycle into work. I still use the car to drive LL and V to school but that’s it, no more cueing for this genius. I get to work in 40 minutes, whereas if I were to do the same distance by car it could take me easily up 1 hour and a half. In this blog, I will try to post some observations on my life as a bicycle commuter. Interesting? You judge, I rant and rave...

No comments: