Monday, December 04, 2006

Back to basics.

I know, it’s been a while since I posted something new, but then again nothing new has happened really; I rode my bike into work as usual, was 2 days sick like a dog, got the word form the doctor that my vitamin B levels are too low and that I must start eating meat again plus I need to take vitamin supplements. And last but not least I passed my black belt exam Kung Fu Dju Su Chan-Shaolim-Si, yay!

So what does this black belt mean? It basically means that I proved to grasp the basics of a martial arts system. Nothing more nothing less, black belts are not that glamorous, it’s really just another step in this never ending journey in mastering some martial art skill. Have I developed some awesome new skill? No, I can not fly nor vanish in thin air; honking your horn like a mad cow does not make me disappear, nor can I read your mind; It is really mandatory to use indicators before you cut my lane in order to park your car.
No fancy tricks then? well yes, but I can only show you those after you get out of your car after you tried to run me over on the roundabout or cut my priority because you can’t be arsed to wait like all the other cars in the traffic jam.

You see nothing has changed, I still ride my bike and traffic just gets worse, makes me wish I had a black belt bike riding. Or even better, I wish the car drivers all had a black belt driving, ‘cause a driver’s license is clearly no guarantee that you have grasped the basic skills to drive a car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back :-)