Friday, September 14, 2007

Such a perfect day...

I pointed it out before but from time to time I still make the same mistake; it seems like I only post whenever I am angered by traffic or fed up by stupid driving altogether. Right now, I could write a lengthy tirade about how I almost got crushed against a parked car by some blind beemer who changed lane without even looking and who had the nerve to honk his horn at me. I could go on about the traffic jams and about all the lemmings who, against all logic, get their death cages of steel and glass out to contribute to pollution and global warming...
I will not do so. I would like to tell you about the great morning ride I had into work today; the sun was shining and my legs were good. On top of that the European Commision had decided to make today a "FidayBikeDay". They set up a couple of stands outside the Berlaymont building to welcome cyclists, with breakfast and little goody bag with fair trade goods and a few leaflets with tips and tricks on cycling in the city.
It looks like this action in combination with the nice weather did not miss its goal, a lot of commission employees left their car at home to come by bike. Sunshine and smiling people drinking coffee, having fresh fruit salad, munching a "chocolatine". This has to put you in a good mood at the beginning of a working day, unless you're one of the lemmings stuck in morning traffic, breathing exhaust fumes.

No comments: