Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sodom and Gomorrah.

Spring is in the air, the sun is shining, traffic is completely blocked and the birds are coughing in the morning light.
Senor beamer seems to think differently 'cause he honks his horn violently as I ride past the queuing gas guzzlers.
I always accept these invitations to dialog so I stop and ask him what the problem is. Now senor gets a bit shy; he clearly did not expect to have success with the fit-looking cyclist. So I ask him again what the problem is. Finally, senor beamer lowers his window and starts babbling furiously.
I master a few languages but his tirade leaves me clueless so I repeat my question emulating his babble language, this seems to get him even more excited and all of a sudden he displays his (rather poor) knowledge of the English language by advising me to go and have sexual intercourse with myself. I thank him for the invitation and continue my ride.
I hope that senor does not spend the rest of his day inciting every cyclist to display such promiscuous behavior; this could turn traffic jams into a 21st century Sodom and Gomorrah.

No comments: