Monday, November 06, 2006

They

Do some sport they say. Eat healthy they say. It’s good for you. They say a lot; don’t they? To me it seems like they are a bit color blind; they took the blue pill instead of the red one. I’ve been doing sports for over seven years now (Dju Su and Shaolin Kempo training 3 times a week) and for a bit more than a month now I try to cycle into work every day (170 Km/week). Guess what; I have more pains than before. The only difference is that now I’m so ‘addicted’ to all that stuff that I don’t really care. Over the past years I’ve twisted more ankles and toes, dislocated more shoulders and broken more fingers than is good for me. Mind you these were all my ankles, toes, shoulders and fingers, just in case you were wondering.
So, in all honesty I think they talk a lot of bollocks, sports are not necessarily very healthy but at least you don’t grow a gut in front of your television.
Right know I’m suffering from a sore toe and a cold. But that has nothing to do with sports but all with the weather that has gone a little berserk; one week you have temperatures of up to 22 degrees Celsius in the end of October and the next day temperatures drop to a meager 3 degrees Celsius. What happened to this concept of seasons? To all the politicians; ignoring the climate changes won’t make the problem go away. Sticking your head in the sand only exposes your *** to the industry moguls who happily take you from behind in the name of benefits and turn-over.
All ranting aside I had a great ride into work today, the legs were not too bad and the extra layer of wind stopper (I bet you were thinking of something else) and neoprene is still more than enough to keep me warm in these dropping temperatures.

The mornings are getting colder and traffic jams are getting longer but life is great…




PS:
The selfish-idiot-of-the-day award goes the Ms. Clio who thought it necessary to drive thru orange in order to block a whole crossing, instead of holding back like any considerate person would do. What did you win; one measly place in the zombie rat race? Good on you.

And Last but not least; the thank you of the day goes out to Mr. or Ms. Audi for holding back at the bicycle crossing this morning and thus letting me safely cross the road, much obliged.

No comments: