Monday, January 19, 2009

Blue Monday...

...or should I say wet Monday? Second week of 2009 and already got my first bike shower. I made my first ride of the new year one the 2nd of January with all my favourite singletracks frozen ROCK solid. The second ride out on the 4th ended with an over-the-bars from yours truly, and a bent derailleur hanger for my beloved rocky.
The second week of January was all snow and frost so I opted to commute by car 'cause bicycles lanes around here are, of course, not salted. Apparently cyclists don't pay taxes or something, and therefore deserve to break their necks.

And now we're back to the normal winter routine; five degrees Celsius and pouring rain. It's great to be back on the bike.

Before I forget; Happy New Year. May we all spend more time riding and less time in traffic jams, hospitals and emergency rooms.

No comments: