Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The dirty look...

I don't know what it's like in other countries but around here it seems like all policemen and -women are trained to look at you as if you are guilty of the most hideous crimes known to mankind. I had it happening again this morning, waiting at the traffic light (you know I never jump a red light) I had the 2 police men on bikes giving me the most foul look, which I eventually happily returned.

Our little staring competition got interrupted by the light turning green. as I sped of I could not but wonder what the heck those boys in blue had been looking at.

Was it my bike? Now that would be stupid, they were riding bikes themselves, they could as well ogle their own steeds.

Was it the filter mask I was wearing? Could be, but then I might as well look funnily at them 'cause it's surely strange to ride without a a filter mask in urban traffic when it's this cold. All the exhaust fumes will make you turn blue in the face.

Was it perhaps my outfit? Was it the first time they saw someone ride a bike sporting Chrome Shins? At least I don't ride around with a handgun on my hip. Just imagine; me sporting a handgun instead of my trusty Shins...

Then again, it will never happen; I'm not formally trained in giving people the suspicious you-have-done-something-wrong-and-I-am-going-to-figure-out-what-look.

All the selfish and stupid drivers can sleep safely at night (and in traffic).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was your fuck-the-police-t-shirt..